Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Good Morning! It's Wednesday ;-)

And I'm up bright and early this morning (alarm went off at 3 AM)! I was hoping to have all of the packaging and shipping finished up yesterday from the sale that lasted through Sunday.... but, it's going to take another day! Whew!

When I combine shipment on orders placed through a sale, I hold the orders until the sale is done with, and then all the orders placed by the same person are combined into one shipment :-) This saves my customers a good deal of money on postage! I actually refunded one customer over $8 yesterday for excess postage. So it helps out a lot in saving some $$. But, I get a little bottlenecked the day after the sale LOL

The sale was amazing and I was able to sell SO MUCH soap :-) Now I have some room on my soap shelves so I can make some more. I was actually running out of room!  Also, I have a little money (not much after buying more boxes, tissue and bubble wrap though) for some new supplies.

Some of the soaps that I listed for sale were made back in November & December so they had really cured out quite nicely. Cold process soap is a little different - the older it gets, the more it cures and dries out - the better it becomes! The bars are harder and last much longer too.

So, I'm back at it this morning packaging up more soaps to ship out today. Also, I have to check with Stamps.com early this morning because I'm having a little trouble when I take my packages to the post office. The post office wants "flat rate" printed on the postage labels for the flat rate boxes and Stamps.com isn't doing it.... So, for the orders I pack up today, I may have to just use USPS.com instead.

OH, to end this blog post on a really good note.... the soap cakes have been drying and are now hard enough to ship!! That means that I'll be getting them listed very soon! Here's a sneak peek:

Butterfly Hugs Cake:



Chanel No. 5 Cake:
Lick Me All Over Cake:
Mardi Gras Cake:

No comments:

Post a Comment