Sunday, October 31, 2010

100% Olive Oil Castile Soap

Last night I soaped another batch of my 100% Olive Oil Castile Soap... the first batch that I soaped for my Etsy store a couple of weeks ago turned out just lovely!   I thought it would probably be a good idea to have a 2nd batch made and curing because I think my first batch is going to sell pretty well.  I will edit this blog entry and post a pic of the soap loaf in the mold as soon as it completed the gel phase and has cooled down - right now it's pretty hot and I'm sure the soap has a great gel going.

I took a sample to my sister's house (she's my guinea pig and tests soaps with me).  Her skin has gotten a little dry with the change in the weather lately.  I told her that I wanted her to try this soap because it is very moisturizing and would be good for her skin.  Also, we're thinking it will be a great soap to shave legs with too :-)   I'll give you updates as we're testing it :-)   My sister said that the soap looked like a heavenly piece of white chocolate fudge!   She said it looked good enough to eat LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment