Sunday, October 31, 2010

Laundry Soap (Batch #2) -- Cucumber Melon

This morning the 2nd batch of laundry soap had completed gelled and started to cool down. So I took it out of the mold and cut it before the soap became really hard. It was actually still a little warm... It was so much easier to slice than the first loaf.

The color is very pretty but I can't really smell the scent very well at all. It might be that when the soap going through the curing phase, the scent will begin to come back out, or at least I hope so! I really liked the cucumber melon scent...

I still have one more loaf of this soap to make that will be completely unscented for those who require unscented laundry detergents.

And I have some cool news - I cut mini "stain sticks" from several of the bars of the cucumber melon laundry soap... and as soon as they are cured out, I will be sending these as free samples in my Etsy orders :-)

Here's a couple of pics of the soap slices... the color isn't showing up very well in the pics - it's actually a very pretty light teal green:


No comments:

Post a Comment