Sunday, October 31, 2010

Update on Laundry Soap

I'm glad I peeked at the laundry soap that I had in the mold.... the gel phase was completed and the soap loaf had cooled down. AND it was hardening up very well.... so I got it out of the mold ASAP and cut my slices LOL So now it's curing up. I'm got to remember now that I shouldn't wait a full 24 hours on these laundry soaps because they do gel quite quickly and the bars start to get hard quickly as well.  Here's some pics of the peppermint laundry soap (notice the center "gel" ring):




The 2nd batch of the laundry soap I made, I colored it with a green teal color mica. So it looks very pretty. I added 0.5 oz of Cucumber Melon and the soap did find. But when I added the 2nd 0.5 oz, the soap started seizing on me. I quickly got it into the soap load mold and covered with plastic wrap. It's already curing right now! The entire center is a hot gel... So, I'm think that sometime tomorrow morning, I will need to check on it and as soon as it has cooled down, I will need to immediately get the soap log out of the mold and sliced. I can't wait to see how the fragrance turns out.

No comments:

Post a Comment