Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Add Another Two New Soaps! Clean and Yuzu :-)

I guess the soaping bug hit this evening.  I had all of my equipment and supplies out so I thought, hey, why not soap a couple more trial batches?  LOL  And I did!  My house smells incredible right now!

The first one I soaped was "Clean" - it's a DLish dupe.  And it's so good.... I really like the fragrance alot  And it really does smell clean and refreshing to me.  Here's the fragrance description:

It combines the fragrance notes of litsea cubeba, orange, sweet lime, pink grapefruit, passion lily, rose geranium, and white musk. 

I soaped this one in a creamy white base and swirled with a dark purplish blue.  Then I added some diamond glitter for a shimmery effect on the top.  And I embedded 3 small white stars on the top of the loaf :-)

The second one I soaped is Yuzu.  I've heard of this and heard how wonderful it smells but just never really was interested in trying it.  Wow, I've missed alot because this fragrance is AWESOME!  This is now one of my favorite ones.  I'm sure it's going to even get better than what it smells like freshly soaped - most fragrances take two weeks or so to bloom into what they really smell like.

For the Yuzu soap, I did a 3 color swirl (where you drizzle the 3 colors back and forth until you run out of soap and then you do your swirl).  I have no idea how this soap is going to look because this will be the first time I've worked with this swirl technique.  So I'm anxious to cut this loaf tomorrow and see what the bars look like :-)  Oh, here's the fragrance description for Yuzu:

Yuzu begins with top notes of mandarin, tangerine, lemon satsuma, and ruby red grapefruit, middle notes of bergamot, and base notes of oakmoss.
 Well, it's almost midnight and tomorrow morning at 6 AM comes fast - so I'd better sleep fast, eh?  Have a great night!

No comments:

Post a Comment