Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Just Finished 2 Trial Batches :-)

Tonight, I cooked up two trial batches of soap and if they turn out, I will be offering them in my Etsy shoppe and they will be very limited editions (only 4 bars since the 5th bar will be for testing).  I don't get really fancy with the trial loafs since they are small but I do dress them up a little bit.  If I really like them (they hold the fragrance well, they are easy to soap with, they test well after soaping, etc) then I'll ramp the batch size up to a full loaf for later.  In this case, these will probably not be soaped again until late next year because they are Christmas scents.

The first soap batch is "Christmas Cravings" and oh my goodness it smells just like Christmas baking in the kitchen!  The scent is amazing.  Here's the description:

This wonderful fragrance begins with top notes of orange, grapefruit, lemon, and apple; followed by middle notes of cinnamon, ginger, carrot, and nutmeg; sitting on base notes of buttercream and vanilla.

 Just imagine.... this has to be one of the best Christmas fragrances I've ever smelled :-)  The soap bars will be swirled red and green with a little white star embedded (you'll be able to see it on both sides of the soap).  The top will be a textured (swirly) yellow with diamond glitter and yellow sugar crystals.  I'm a little anxious to see how the sugar crystals work out - especially through the gelling process.  So this will be a little test for them as well.  I've seen where other soapers have used them and they look so cute.... I'm hoping they will work well!

 The 2nd trial soap I worked on tonight is just too darn funny.  When I told my DH the name, he said "maybe you should rename that one" LOL  -- well, I didn't.  I think I'm keeping the name -- it's "Elf Sweat"!  But it is the coolest fragrance... here's the description:

Elf sweat fragrance is a bubbly, magical blend of candy, candy canes, candy corn, and syrup, with effervescent spicy soda pop bubbles to provide a unique, magical top note.
It is the most "candy" I think I've ever smelled... there is just something about it - you try to pick out the individual candy scents... I love this scent and I hope that the trial batch turns out well.  It has vanilla in it but I used plenty of white colorant so I hope the colors don't change.    Guess what colors I used?  Lime green and hot pink!  And I swirled them together and sprinkled diamond glitter on the top!  It is really pretty already in the mold.  I'm hoping that the bars will turn out as pretty as the loaf looks right now.

Both loaves should be ready to come out of the molds tomorrow night so I'll keep you updated on how they do :-)  And, I'll take some pics too.
   

No comments:

Post a Comment