Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving!

Wow, it seems like this year just begun and now here we are and it's Thanksgiving Day!   What are your plans for today if you live in the States?   Right now, we're watching the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade (which we do every year).  It's kind of the right of passage into the Christmas holiday season for us.  Next week, we'll watch Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeeer (the old animated movie).  The other holiday movie we watch is Charlie Brown Christmas.

Guess what I did last night?  I soaped!  Surprised?  LOL  With 37 new fragrance oils I've got to really get busy.  So I stayed up late last night and soaped 2 batches. 

The first one I soaped was "Alien" - the colors are vivid blue, lime green and purple.  I love the way the soap turned out!  I was actually able to unmold and slice the loaf this morning and the bars look so cool!  I hope that the colors stay the same as it continues to cure and dry.  Here's some pics... let me know what  you think!






The second fragrance I soaped was "Butt Naked".  And, of course, I wanted to do something wild with this one LOL  The base of "Butt Naked" is a natural creme color with blue and hot pink swirls.  I am so happy with the way  the swirls turned out!  They are the best I've done so far I think.








These soaps will be listed on my Etsy site on Dec/08 and will be ready to use on Dec/22 (just in time for Christmas!)


I made additional soap to use to "ice" these two batches (so the bars will be a bit larger and will also weigh more).  With the soap I had left over from that, I made some cupcake bottoms that are wild too.  I scented them with Elf's Sweat and they are hot pink, blue, lime green and purple.

Well, it's time for me to get into the kitchen and start cooking up some food instead of soap LOL!  Have a great holiday!

No comments:

Post a Comment