Wednesday, November 3, 2010

New Soaps Coming! Cotton Candy & Lemon Meringue Pie

I've been busy this afternoon!  I've been soaping again :-)   These are both trial batches and, if they cure up well I can tell you that they will become a part of my regular line of soaps.  They are both awesome so far.

The first one is Cotton Candy - and oh my goodness, I just wanted to lick the spatula LOL  It absolutely smells just like real cotton candy!  And, did I tell you, that I LOVE LOVE LOVE cotton candy?   This soap will be layered white/pink/white and then fluffy pink cotton candy globs on top with diamond glitter sprinkled on.  It is absolutely beautiful.   I can not wait to cut this soap loaf tomorrow and see exactly how it turned out.  If it looks and smells 1/2 as good sliced into bars tomorrow as it does in the mold tonight, I'll be listing this one in my Etsy shoppe on Nov/17 and the ready to use date will be Dec/01.

The second soap I worked on this afternoon is Lemon Meringue.  It just seems like I have a sweet tooth today LOL  This soap is so cool.... on the bottom I have the "lemon" filling and on top there's beautiful white meringue topped with lots of stars piped on.  I am definitely hoping the colors will stay because there is some vanilla content in this fragrance oil and I used a ton of titanium dioxide (white pigment) trying to keep it from going off color.  But we'll see.  This is really going to look like a lemon meringue pie!  And the fragrance is so REAL smelling.  Too bad I don't know where to get a lemon meringue pie at 8 PM at night LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment